Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Light fruit cake - 175 g (6 oz) cubed,
- brandy - 3 tbsp,
- mandarin oranges - 1 x 295g (10* oz) can drained,
- Seedless grapes - 175 g (6 oz) halved,
- custard powder - 4 tbsp,
- milk - 600 ml (1 pint),
- Marzipan - 75 g (3 oz) diced,
- double cream - 200 ml (7 fl oz),
- Marzipan holly leaves and Berries.
- Place the cake in a serving bowl, sprinkle with brandy and add the fruit.
- Blend the custard powder with a little of the milk.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil and pour on to the custard powder mixture stirring well.
- Return to the pan; bring to the boil stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the marzipan.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the custard over the trifle and leave until cold.
- Whip the cream until softly stiff and pipe onto the trifle in a criss-cross pattern.
- Decorate with marzipan leaves and Berries.