Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These cookies are about the only ones i know that taste better cooked and cold than as raw dough. Cinnamon red hots make good eyes for animals or Santas.
- Difficulty: easy to moderate.
- Time: 15 minutes preparation, 2 hours chilling, 15 minutes rolling and baking.
- Precision: measure the ingredients.
- Yield: 2-4 dozen.
- 1 cup solid shortening (NOT butter)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp almond flavoring
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cream or milk
- 1½ tbsp vanilla (not Mexican unless you like tan frosting)
- food coloring
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, salt and flavorings.
- Stir in the flour until blended.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/8 to 1⁄4 inch.
- Cut with the cookie cutters of your choice (this was always a cause for argument in our family).
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets until tan around the edges, about 8–10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Make the frosting by beating together the Sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Divide and color each portion.
- Frost the cookies.