Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A wonderful egg breakfast for a large group. Uses holiday left overs.
- 16 slice bread, crusts removed
- 16 slice back bacon or ham, cooked
- 16 slice cheddar cheese, sharp
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk, whole or 2%
- 1 dash tabasco
- ¼ lbs butter
- cornflakes, crushed or Special K
- In 9 x 13" buttered baking dish (use a big dish), put 8 pieces of bread, add pieces to cover dish entirely.
- Cover bread with cooked back bacon slices or ham slices.
- Lay slices of cheddar cheese on top, then cover with slices of bread (to make it like a sandwich).
- In a bowl, beat, eggs, salt and pepper.
- To egg mixture, add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, worcestershire sauce, milk and tabasco.
- Pour over the "sandwiches".
- Cover and let it stand in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt ¼ lb butter and pour over top.
- Cover with crushed corn flakes or Special K cereal.
- Bake 1 hour in 350°F oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.