Its very delicious.
- One small white Onion
- two garlic cloves
- One cup uncooked dried Christmas lima beans
- Four and half cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- Half cup extr virgin olive oil
- A quarter cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Half cup chopped parsley, salt and peeper to taste
- Peel the Onion and chop coarsely. Peel the garlic cloves and crush with the side of a knife.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the Onion, garlic and beans.
- Cover with two cups of stock and cook over medium-high heat until the beans are very soft and tender, about one hour and twenty-five minutes.
- When the beans are tender, remove from the heat and spoon into a bowl to cool.
- Puree the cooled beans in a blender or food processor with the olive oil until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon the mixtureinto a largbowl and fold in the parmeasan and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate.