Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes about 10 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 3 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 6 cup flour
- 2 cup seedless raisins
- 2 cup currants
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup nutmeats, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- grated orange rind
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add milk and eggs.
- Sift powder with 3 cups flour, add to creamed mix, mix well.
- Add raisins, currants, nutmeats and orange rind.
- Mix well.
- Sift spices with remaining flour.
- Add to creamed mix and blend well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful 1 to 1½ inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 20 minutes, or until light brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.