Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 pounds.
- 1 cup dried preserved pineapple
- ½ cup halved candied cherries
- 1½ cups halved Brazil nuts
- 1½ cups broken walnuts
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cup light cream
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grease two 9x9x2 inch pans.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Combine sugar with next three ingredients in 3-quart saucepan and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved (stir mixture).
- Cover pan and bring mixture to boil; boil 1 minute, or until all sugar crystals on side of pan have melted.
- Remove cover (if using candy thermometer, set in place)
- Continue gentle cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 236 degrees or until a little mixture in cold water forms softball.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, then, with electric mixer set at medium speed, or with spoon, beat until mixture is creamy and begins to hold shape.
- Thoroughly mix in fruits.
- Press into pan and chill until firm enough to cut.