Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 pounds.
- 1 cup dried preserved pineapple
- ½ cup halved candied cherries
- 1½ cups halved Brazil nuts
- 1½ cups broken walnuts
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cup light cream
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grease two 9x9x2 inch pans.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Combine sugar with next three ingredients in 3-quart saucepan and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved (stir mixture).
- Cover pan and bring mixture to boil; boil 1 minute, or until all sugar crystals on side of pan have melted.
- Remove cover (if using candy thermometer, set in place)
- Continue gentle cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 236 degrees or until a little mixture in cold water forms softball.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, then, with electric mixer set at medium speed, or with spoon, beat until mixture is creamy and begins to hold shape.
- Thoroughly mix in fruits.
- Press into pan and chill until firm enough to cut.