Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 6 dozen cookies.
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp soda
- 1½ tbsp buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ lbs white raisins
- ½ lbs candied cherries
- ½ lbs candied pineapple
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ cup pecans, chopped
- Cream shortening and sugar; beat in eggs and add vanilla.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk.
- Combine 1 cup flour and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and bourbon.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Coat fruit with ½ cup flour; stir fruit and nuts into batter.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets and bake at 350 °F for 10-15 minutes.