Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Every year my kids ask to make Christmas Tree Pizzas, and with this quick crust recipe and toppings idea, it's fast and fun to do together.
- Makes 2 trees, equal to 2 x 12" pizzas
- 3¾ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour plus ¼ cup for dusting the dough
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle bottle of beer (12 oz)
- 1 cup prepared commercial or homemade pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded pizza-blend cheese
- "ornaments" made from favorite toppings, including tiny cauliflower or broccoli flowerets, sliced black olives, onion rings, grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes cut in half, zucchini rounds, sliced red, green or yellow bell peppers, sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine 3¾ cups flour with the remaining dry ingredients, and stir together.
- Add the beer and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half, and place each ball of dough onto a prepared baking sheet. The dough will be very sticky, but when you dust each with 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour, you can easily pat the dough into a tree shape, about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread ½ cup of sauce on each tree, spreading to within ¼ inch of the edges.
- Sprinkle each crust with 1 cup shredded pizza-blend cheese.
- Decorate the 'trees' by making 'garlands' with the pepper slices, and 'ornaments' with your choice of toppings.
- Toss any leftover toppings into your salad bowl with some mixed greens for the evening's salad.
- Bake pizzas in oven 10 minutes, then switch trays and bake another 10 minutes or so, until the edge of the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.