- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 can beets, sliced, drained
- ½ jícama, peel, sliced 
- 1 can pineapple chunks, in juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 lime, wedged
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds 
- 1 tbsp anise seed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Drain and reserve liquid from beets and pineapple.
- Peel oranges and separate into sections.
- Place in bowl along with bananas, beets, pineapple and jícama.
- Mix reserved juices, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt; pour over fruit.
- Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- Arrange fruit on shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with lime wedges, peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Mix anise seed and 1 tablespoon sugar; sprinkle over salad.
- ↑ Substitute 8 ounces water chestnuts for jícama if desired. Drain and slice.
- ↑ Use sliced radishes if pomegranate seeds not available.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.