Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1½ cups milk
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 oz butter
- 1½ cup mixed fruit
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 2 cups baking bran flakes
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 red and green glace cherries
- 1 icing sugar
- Reheat oven to 375°F and prepare muffin pans.
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently until butter has melted.
- While mixture is heating, sift the flour, spice, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl, stir in the bran and sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the baking soda to the melted ingredients, then pour this and the eggs into the flour mixture.
- Quickly and lightly stir until just mixed.
- Spoon mixture into paper Christmas muffin cups or pans.
- Place a cherry on top of each.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Dust with icing sugar if wished and serve warm.