Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Any self-respecting Christmas tree has a right to complain if it isn't decked out with a candy cane.
- 3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint flavoring
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ tsp red vegetable coloring
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- The sugar, water, syrup, and cream of tartar you combine and heat till the Sugar"s dissolved real fine.
- Divide into two saucepans, boil, but don't stir, please, until each lot reaches 280 °F.
- Add ½ ts peppermint to each lot and add the coloring to one, the other not: place on an enamel or marble table to cool.
- First oiling the table, as a general rule
- Like taffy you stretch and pull and form into ropes of red and white, now twist them around again and again.
- And form them into your candy cane.
- Now on an oiled surface you allow them to harden, then announce to your family that these is ready for your Christmas tree.