- Mix yeast, water and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Let rise.
- Put 1 quart of milk in a pot.
- Add ½ cup sugar and ½ pound butter. Scald; don't boil.
- Take off stove to cool to lukewarm.
- Beat eggs; add remaining butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Put flour in pan. Mix well.
- Add vanilla extract, egg mixture, milk mixture, yeast and salt.
- Knead until it falls off your hands.
- The better it is mixed the better the bread will be.
- Let stand until it doubles in size.
- Punch down. Let rise again.
- Put in five or six pans and let rise again.
- Bake at 375°F for ½ an hour.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake about ½ hour longer.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.