Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 32 oz beets, diced canned
- 3 cups water
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ tsp peppercorns, whole
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- dairy sour cream or dill sprigs
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Drain beets reserving liquid.
- Set beets aside.
- In a large saucepan combine beet liquid, water, celery, carrot, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and seasonings with a slotted spoon.
- Stir in reserved diced beets, lemon juice and sugar.
- Continue cooking 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with sour cream and/or dill sprigs.