Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nice for using the candied fruits that didn't make it into the fruit cake.
- Yield: 3 dozen
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed the cream cheese gives these cookies a smooth texture, while the fruits sparkle and sweeten the flavor)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups candied fruit, mixed
- 2 cups broken pecans or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Add sugars and eggs, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to egg and sugar mixture; add vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add candied fruit and nuts.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- The cookies will be just browned at the edges.