Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe by Irene Selway Robinson (1923 – 1993)
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 cups onions
- 6 cups white sugar
- 4 cups cabbage
- 4 cups vinegar
- 4 cups green tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 12 large green bell peppers
- 1 tbsp celery seed
- 6 large red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp mustard seed
- ½ cup salt (try to get non-iodized salt, if possible)
- 1½ tsp turmeric
- a pinch (hot) pepper flakes
- Chop or grate onions, cabbage, tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, by what ever method is easiest for you, until fairly fine.
- Sprinkle with salt, and let stand overnight.
- Heat the sugar, vinegar, water, celery seed, mustard seed, and turmeric to boiling.
- Rinse and drain vegetables, mixing well.
- Add vegetables to liquid.
- Boil three minutes.
- Spoon or ladle into sterilized pint jars and seal.