In Romanian: Choux a la creme
- 7 oz / 200 g water
- 2½ oz / 75 g butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 oz / 125 g flour
- 3 eggs
- shortening for greasing the pan
- vanilla cream
- whipped cream
- Set the water to boil with the butter, salt and sugar.
- When it starts boiling, gradually add the flour (like a rain), stirring continuously until the dough starts to come off the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat.
- When the mixture is still warm, gradually add 3 eggs, mixing continuously.
- Then let cool.
- Grease a baking sheet and place spoonfuls of the batter in piles on the sheet.
- Leave considerable distance among them.
- When done, let cool, then with a very sharp knife, cut a thin top slice, leaving the lid attached on one side.
- Fill the little balls with vanilla cream.
- Top with some whipped cream.