Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 8 cups (440 g) chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) buttermilk
- ½ ounce (15 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) well-drained capers (optional)
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) freshly ground pepper
- Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery, radishes, bell pepper, and carrot in a large salad bowl.
- Lightly toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over salad and toss lightly to coat.
Nutritional information Edit
- 44 calories (28% calories from fat) | 2 g protein | 2 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat) | 7 g carbohydrates | 2 g dietary fiber | 2 mg cholesterol | 78 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ carbohydrate (1½ vegetable) | ½ fat