Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The low cost of liver in the U.S. comes as a surprise to Israelis, where chopped Chicken livers are considered a delicacy to be served on festive occasions. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 12 as a spread.
- 1 lb. Chicken livers
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbs. oil
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Wash livers and remove discolored spots. Drain.
- Brown onions in a frying pan.
- Remove onions and saute livers in the remaining oil for 10 minutes.
- Grind or chop onions, livers and eggs, into smooth mixture.
- Add salt, pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Serve cold with crackers as a spread or on lettuce as an appetizer.