Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients for Choley
- 1 cup of Chick Peas (Kabuli Chana) (soaked overnight in warm water)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- ½" piece of ginger (Adrak) (grated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic Paste
- 1 Tea Bag (optional - this is to give the black colour , as in restaurants )
- ½ tsp. of cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp. of Red chilli powder ( to taste)
- ¼ tsp. of turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp. of Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin Powder
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp. of Chana masala
- 2 tsp. of Dry mango Powder (Aamchoor Powder)
- 2 tbsp. of Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup tomato Paste
Ingredients for Bhaturey
- ½ cup of potatoes (boiled & grated)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour (Maida)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp. of Cooking oil
- More Cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 1 Onion (sliced) ( soaked in vinegar or lemon juice)
- 4 lemon Wedges
- 2 Green chilli - finely chopped
- Coriander - finely chopped
- Pressure cook the chick Peas with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft. Drain and set aside. Discard the tea bag.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the Onion, ginger and garlic and sauté until the Onion is golden brown.
- Add the chana masala, red chilli powder, mango powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes paste and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the chick Peas and 1 cup of water and mix well. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. And set aside.
- Combine the flour, Potato, 1 ½ teaspoons of oil and salt and knead into a firm dough without using any water.
- Knead the dough very well until it is smooth. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with the cholay, sliced Onion and lemon wedges.