Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 16 servings
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 8 oz container frozen egg substitute, thawed
- ¾ cup salad oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c lightly packed shredded carrots (about 4 large)
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10 cup fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat brown sugar, egg substitute, salad oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir egg-substitute mixture, shredded carrots, pineapple with its own juice and walnuts into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
- Pour batter into tube pan bake 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
- To serve, sprinkle top of cake with confectioners' sugar for garnish.