- Light vegetable oil spray
- 8 oz firm tofu
- 1/4 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 4 oz Light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbl cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 lrg egg whites
- 1 tbl Ground cinnamon
- 3 tbl Bailey's Irish cream (light)
- 1 tbl coffee liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch glass pie plate with 3 sprays of the vegetable oil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tofu, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, maple syrup, cocoa powder, egg whites, cinnamon, and the liqueurs.
- Puree until smooth and pour into the prepared pie plate.
- Place the pie plate on the center rack of the oven. On the bottom rack, place a baking pan filled halfway with water. Bake for 1 hour.
- While the cake is baking, combine all the topping ingredients in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- When the cake has cooked for an hour, remove it from the oven, spread the topping on evenly, decorate if you wish, and return it to the oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes more, until the topping sets.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Decorate with the chocolate Sauce
- Making a chocolate Sauce Design: Put a mixture of 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder into a squeeze bottle or an improvised pastry bag, which can be made by forcing the sauce into a bottom corner of a sturdy plastic storage bag and pricking a small hole through which it can flow. Squeeze a series of straight lines across the cake, then rake the tines of a fork across the top in the opposite direction to create a pattern.