Chocolate shortcut shortcake uses a microwave cake mix and on-hand fresh fruits.
- Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 Servings
- 8.6 oz box microwave chocolate cake mix
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches or kiwi fruit
- Prepare 8.6 oz box microwave chocolate cake mix in pan provided according to box directions.
- Invert onto serving plate, cool.
- In small bowl, microwave apricot preserves on high 30 - 60 seconds, until melted.
- Brush over top and sides of cake.
- Spoon whipped topping around top and edge of cake.
- Arrange fresh fruit in center.