Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (1/2 pt) cold whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- chocolate FILLING & FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Seedless red raspberry preserves
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together flour, 1/2 cup Sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until foamy; gradually add 1/4 cup Sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream in small bowl until stiff; fold into beaten egg whites.
- Combine egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup Sugar and almond extract in clean small bowl; beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gently fold into whipped cream mixture.
- Gradually fold flour mixture into whipped cream mixture just until ingredients are blended (mixture will be thick).
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans; smooth surface.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate FILLING & FROSTING.
- Split each cake layer in half horizontally.
- Place one layer on serving plate; spread with 2/3 cup chocolate FILLING.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon almonds; repeat with two more layers.
- Top with last layer; spread with raspberry preserves.
- Frost sides of cake with remaining filling.
- Garnish top edge with whipped cream, if desired.
- Sprinkle edge and center with remaining almonds; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.