Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's one of my favorite cake recipes.
- Contributed by Joanne at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 servings
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour milk or buttermilk
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream together butter or margarine and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, melted chocolate and vanilla extract until blended.
- Reduce speed; stir in potatoes and mix well.
- Onto wax paper, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to batter alternately with sour milk or buttermilk, blending well after each addition.
- Pour into 3 greased 9-inch cake pans (or one 9-inch tube pan).
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes for 9-inch cake pans; 1 hour for 9-inch tube pan; or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill and frost cake with your favorite frosting.