- 1 German or Swiss chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Add coconut and pecans.
- Pour batter into 3 well-greased cake pans.
- Bake at 350 °F for 15–18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in large mixer bowl; mix at medium speed until well combined.
- Add vanilla; mix well.
- Add powdered sugar a little at the time, mixing until mixture is of spreading consistency.
- Spread between layers and on top of chocolate pecan coconut cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
- For testing purposes, Duncan Hines German Chocolate Cake Mix was used. The taste and texture of the cake and frosting were good despite the fact that the recipe was made from a cake mix base.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.