Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour sifted
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4½ teaspoons white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Peanut butter batter Edit
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon peanut butter flavoring
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine dry ingredients then stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla and mix well.
- When well-mixed pour into greased rectangular baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, flavoring, sugar, egg and salt until smooth then stir in chocolate chips and drop by tablespoons over cake batter and cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Sprinkle with pecans and remaining sugar then bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.