This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour sifted
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4½ teaspoons white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Peanut butter batter Edit
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon peanut butter flavoring
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine dry ingredients then stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla and mix well.
- When well-mixed pour into greased rectangular baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, flavoring, sugar, egg and salt until smooth then stir in chocolate chips and drop by tablespoons over cake batter and cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Sprinkle with pecans and remaining sugar then bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.