Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups confectioner's sugar
- ⅓ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ¾ tsp grated orange rind
- 3 tbs orange juice
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars in a separate bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- On floured surface, roll out half of dough to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Cut with 1¾ inch heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies.
- Roll, cut and bake remaining dough.
- Beat all filling ingredients in bowl until smooth but thick.
- Spread 1 tsp on half of the cookies.
- Sandwich with second cookie.
- Let set 30 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.