Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An easy no-bake recipe for family cooking fun, especially at busy holiday times!
- Each batch makes approximately 2 dozen candy treats
- 1 lb milk chocolate buttons - optional to add
- 1 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, peanuts, walnuts, cashews, etc.)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup crispy rice ready-made cereal
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini morsels (butterscotch, peanut butter or chocolate flavors)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Place water in bottom portion of a double boiler.
- Bring water to hard rolling boil on stove top, then reduce heat to medium.
- Place chocolate buttons in top portion of double boiler and set top portion on top of bottom portion above the water.
- Stir the buttons gently as they begin to melt. Continue until all chocolate has melted into a smooth liquid.
- Remove top from bottom of boiler.
- Let stand on cooling rack two minutes to cool slightly.
- Fold in optional ingredient(s) of your choice until coated completely with chocolate.
- Place waxed paper on a tray and place 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture into individual mounds on the waxed paper.
- Place tray of Munchie Delights in your freezer for one hour to harden.
- If making more than one batch, continue (as described above) if using different flavors/colors of chocolate buttons or if adding multiple optional ingredients.
- Place finished 'chocolate Munchie Delights' into freezer zip locked bags to be kept in freezer for future use, to prevent them from sticking together, and to keep them from absorbing other food odors.
- Remove from freezer bags, place on doily covered plate and serve your guests or family a special treat for Christmas!
- Milk chocolate buttons are found in the bulk department of grocery stores, or candy stores. You may also choose to use dark chocolate or other flavors/colors: such as red and green for Christmas festivities. Use one pound chocolate buttons per batch.
- Use one or more optional ingredients to make different kinds/textures/flavors of Munchie Delights. Measure a total of one cup if using more than one option.
- Experiment a little and be as creative as you like!