Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa or HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- chocolate MOUSSE FILLING (recipe follows)
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 tbsp Cold water
- 2 tbsp Boiling water
- 1 cup (1/2 pt) cold whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp HERSHEY'S cocoa or HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; grease and flour foil.
- Beat butter and Sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with milk,
- beating until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack; carefully peel off foil.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate MOUSSE FILLING.
- Trim edges from cake; cut cake crosswise into 4 equal pieces, each about 9x3-1/2 inches.
- Place one layer on serving plate; spread with about 1/2 cup filling.
- Repeat with 2 more layers; pipe or spread fourth layer with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.
- =====chocolate MOUSSE FILLING=====
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand several minutes to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is clear.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla in medium bowl until thickened; pour in gelatin mixture
- And beat until stiff.
- Use immediately.
- About 2 cups filling.