Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bailey Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, milk and vanilla beating until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat well then stir in butter.
- Refrigerate batter at least 2 hours.
- Cook crepes on crepe pan or in skillet with oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into pan.
- Quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan in a thin film.
- Cook 1 minute or until lightly brown.
- Take 3 bowls.
- Separate eggs placing egg yolks in a bowl, four whites in second bowl and remaining four whites in third bowl.
- Melt chocolate over low heat then add yolks 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Blend in rum.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat 4 egg whites in each bowl until frothy.
- Gradually add ½ cup sugar to each bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Stir small amount of whites into chocolate mixture.
- Combine whites and gently fold chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate filling at least one hour then fill crepes and top with dollop of whipped cream and a few sliced almonds before serving.