Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What could be better than chocolate hearts made of dry meringue and a strawberry mousse center and garnished with a fresh whole strawberry in the center of each heart.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings.
- 1 x 16-oz. container frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- ¼ cup raspberry liquor or water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 container whipped topping
- fresh whole strawberries for garnish
- Heat oven to 200 °F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Trace around 3 inch wide heart shaped cookie cutters on paper to form 8 hearts, invert paper.
- Sift confectioners sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder, reserve.
- Beat 4 egg whites until frothy.
- Reduce speed, beat in ¾ cup sugar until dissolved.
- Increase speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle ⅓ cocoa mixture over meringue, fold in until combined.
- Fold in remaining cocoa mixture.
- Transfer to pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe some meringue onto paper to fill in hearts.
- Pipe meringue rims along heart edges.
- Bake 1 hour, turn off oven, let stand in oven 6 hours or until completely dry.
- In blender, puree strawberries.
- In pot over low heat, combine raspberry liqueur or water, unflavored gelatin, and ¼ cup strawberry puree, heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add gelatin mixture to puree.
- Fold in ⅓ of the container of whipped topping, thawed, until blended,.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Press plastic wrap against surface, refrigerate 6 hours.
- Transfer mousse to pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe each heart with mousse.
- Garnish with fresh whole strawberries.