Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- zest of 1 orange peeled off in 1 long strip, if possible
- 1 pound grated Valrhona bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- cocoa powder
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add cream and orange zest.
- Heat until it just starts to boil.
- Remove orange zest and whisk in chocolate.
- Then whisk in Grand Marnier and orange extract.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally so that the mixture firms uniformly.
- When ready to make truffles, remove mixture from refrigerator.
- Let stand 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Scoop mixture by teaspoons and roll in cocoa.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.