Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 sticks margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ½ cups Adluh biscuit mix (make sure to only use Adluh)
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream margarine; gradually add the 2 cups sugar and brown sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine or sift biscuit mix and cocoa.
- Add to the creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with cocoa mixture.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a prepared 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack.