Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Servings: Makes 10
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Fudge Icing
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter bottom of two 8X2 inch round baking pans.
- Line bottoms with wax paper, butter paper.
- In bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients until blended.
- In 2nd bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream and vanilla until blended.
- In 3rd bowl, beat together the butter, oil and water until blended.
- Add the flour mixture, then beat in the egg mixture until smooth.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 55 min. or until done.
- Cool cakes in pans 15 min. Invert cakes.
- Fudge Icing
- Place the chocolate in a bowl.
- Microwave on 50% power until the chocolate is melted.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Beat in sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- To Assemble
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate.
- Spread the top with 1/2 cup icing.
- Place the second layer on top of the first layer, spread remaining icing over the side of cake and top of cake.
- Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream.