Contributed by Nicole at World Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- In medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over moderate heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; let the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Add the vanilla and yogurt.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is cold.
- Melt the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is hot, pour it very slowly into the chilled yogurt mixture while stirring gently.
- Freeze in a ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.