Contributed by Eddie Rickenbacker at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2½ lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (optional)
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tbsp shortening or vegetable oil (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, vanilla, and cream cheese.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar to make a workable dough.
- For best results, use your hands for mixing.
- Divide the dough into four parts.
- Leave one of the parts plain.
- To the second part, mix in peanut butter.
- Mix coconut into the third part, and cocoa powder into the last part.
- Roll each type of dough into egg shapes, and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until hard, at least an hr.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until smooth.
- If the chocolate seems too thick for coating, stir in some of the shortening or oil until it thins.
- Dip the chilled candy eggs in chocolate, and return to the waxed paper lined sheet to set.
- Refrigerate for ½ hr to harden.