Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Eddie Rickenbacker at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2½ lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (optional)
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tbsp shortening or vegetable oil (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, vanilla, and cream cheese.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar to make a workable dough.
- For best results, use your hands for mixing.
- Divide the dough into four parts.
- Leave one of the parts plain.
- To the second part, mix in peanut butter.
- Mix coconut into the third part, and cocoa powder into the last part.
- Roll each type of dough into egg shapes, and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until hard, at least an hr.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until smooth.
- If the chocolate seems too thick for coating, stir in some of the shortening or oil until it thins.
- Dip the chilled candy eggs in chocolate, and return to the waxed paper lined sheet to set.
- Refrigerate for ½ hr to harden.