Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 refrigerated ready to use folded piecrust (from 15 oz pkg)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs sugar
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- To garnish, Chocolate Curls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit piecrust into 9 inch pie plate, flute edges.
- Prick crust all over with a fork, line with foil, fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake 10 min.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle, then remove foil.
- In saucepan, heat milk, 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 cup sugar to bare simmer.
- Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate.
- In bowl, stir together eggs and cornstarch until a paste.
- Whisk in yolks. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Stir in the vanilla. Strain into the crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool. In bowl, beat remaining cream and 2 tbs sugar until medium stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top of pie.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
Recipe from: Edit