Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 6 large eggs divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and butter in top of double boiler blending well then cool.
- With electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter until creamy then gradually add ½ cup sugar beating well.
- Beat in 2 eggs one at a time then stir in vanilla and fold in flour and ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Beat 4 remaining eggs gradually adding remaining 1½ cups sugar then add chocolate and 2 teaspoons vanilla and beat until well blended.
- In bowl combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt then fold in chocolate batter and remaining chips.
- Reserve 3 cups batter.
- Spread remaining batter into a greased rectangular pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter then top with reserved chocolate batter and swirl with knife.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.