This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 6 large eggs divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and butter in top of double boiler blending well then cool.
- With electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter until creamy then gradually add ½ cup sugar beating well.
- Beat in 2 eggs one at a time then stir in vanilla and fold in flour and ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Beat 4 remaining eggs gradually adding remaining 1½ cups sugar then add chocolate and 2 teaspoons vanilla and beat until well blended.
- In bowl combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt then fold in chocolate batter and remaining chips.
- Reserve 3 cups batter.
- Spread remaining batter into a greased rectangular pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter then top with reserved chocolate batter and swirl with knife.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.