Makes 12 servings.
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅔ cup sugar, divided
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2½ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter; stir in crumbs and ⅓ cup sugar.
- Press onto bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Spread cranberries over crust.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Combine rice, milk, salt, remaining 1 tablespoon butter and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat 20 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Blend chocolate syrup, eggs and vanilla; add to rice mixture.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with whipped cream.