Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: 20 servings
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp chocolate flavoring
- ⅛ tsp salt (optional)
- 2½ cups flaked coconut
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler or in a microwave oven.
- Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixer bowl and beat at high speed, using a whip, until peaks are formed.
- Add sugar gradually while continuing to beat at high speed.
- Add flavorings and salt to meringue, beating at low speed.
- Add melted chocolate, continuing to beat at slow speed.
- Remove the whip and stir the coconut into the meringue with a spoon.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto a cookie sheet that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes, or until macaroons are not quite firm.
- Remove loosely covered container in a dry place at room temperature.
- Keep in a loosely covered container in a dry place at room temperature, or freeze until needed.
- Do not cover tightly if storing at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 86 | cho: 10g | pro: 1g | fat: 5g | NA:22 mg | cholesterol:0
- Food exchanges: ⅔ starch/bread | 1 fat