This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Day Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 18 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl combine powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla then mix well.
- Remove cookie dough from wrapper.
- With floured fingers press half of dough in bottom of ungreased square pan.
- Press peanut butter mixture evenly over dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle remaining half of cookie dough over peanut butter mixture.
- Carefully spread as evenly as possible then bake 35 minutes.
- Cook 30 minutes then refrigerate 1 hour and cut into bars.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.