Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Dated 1934. This recipe indicates this was a Blue Ribbon Winner in the Arkansas State Bake-off in 1949.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup margarine or butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts or shelled
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, margarine and shortening; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg; blend well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.