- In large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter.
- Pat firmly into 9-inch spring-form pan, covering bottom and 2½ inches up sides.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine over hot (not boiling) water, chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate mixture, cherry liqueur, and vanilla, mix until blended.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325°F for 60 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- Let stand in oven with door ajar 1 hour.
- Remove, cool completely.
- Chill 24 hours.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake leaving 1-inch from the edge.
- Decorate edge with whipped cream, if desired.