Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Simple dessert for dinner party or romantic dinner.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup shredded American cheese or Swiss cheese or Cheddar cheese or Gruyere
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup milk, as needed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
Serve with Edit
- ice cream
- bite-size pieces of angel food cake
- bite-size pieces of chocolate cake
- bite-size pieces of cake
- graham crackers
- digestive biscuits
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Gradually add cocoa and sugar, and blend thoroughly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add cheese, and blend well.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, peppermint, and almond extract.
- Gradually add milk until fondue is of desired consistency.
- Add brandy (do NOT stir); immediately ignite brandy.
- Serve over ice cream, or use as a dip.