A rich recipe of chocolate cake with melted caramel, will leave you wanting more.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ½ shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
Caramel sauce Edit
- Beat first 9 ingredients in large mixing bowl on low speed, scraping sides of bowl, till blended, beat on high, scraping sides occasionally for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour ½ of cake mix into a greased and floured 9x13 pan, and bake at 350°F degrees for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the caramels and Eagle Brand milk together.
- Spread over warm cake.
- Put remaining cake mixture on top of caramel mixture.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, or until done.
- May be served warm with vanilla ice cream for a real taste treat.