Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine
- Original recipe
- Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- ⅔ cup sucralose-based sugar substitute
- ⅓ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 unfilled cannoli shells (½ ounce each)
- 1 teaspoon miniature chocolate chips or chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
- Beat cream in medium bowl at high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Place chocolate in small microwavable bowl; microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Combine sugar substitute, ricotta, vanilla and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Spoon or pipe ¼ cup mixture into each cannoli shell.
- Garnish with chocolate chips or crushed pistachio nuts, if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
Serving Size: 1 cannoli
- Fiber 1 g | Carbohydrate 12 g | Cholesterol 46 mg | Saturated Fat 10 g | Total Fat 18 g | Calories from Fat 72 % | Calories 230 | Protein 3 g | Sodium 23 mg
- Dietary Exchange: Fat 3 | Starch 1