Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine
- Original recipe
- Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- ⅔ cup sucralose-based sugar substitute
- ⅓ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 unfilled cannoli shells (½ ounce each)
- 1 teaspoon miniature chocolate chips or chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
- Beat cream in medium bowl at high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Place chocolate in small microwavable bowl; microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Combine sugar substitute, ricotta, vanilla and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Spoon or pipe ¼ cup mixture into each cannoli shell.
- Garnish with chocolate chips or crushed pistachio nuts, if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
Serving Size: 1 cannoli
- Fiber 1 g | Carbohydrate 12 g | Cholesterol 46 mg | Saturated Fat 10 g | Total Fat 18 g | Calories from Fat 72 % | Calories 230 | Protein 3 g | Sodium 23 mg
- Dietary Exchange: Fat 3 | Starch 1