Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Chocolate Cake substitute using Homemade Cake Mix
- 4 cups Homemade Cake Mix
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" round cake pans OR one 13" x 9" cake pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- Pour one portion of the cake mix into a large bowl and stir in the cocoa powder. Make a well in center of mix and add vanilla, butter, eggs, and 1 cup milk. Beat mixture 1 minute with electric mixer at low speed until blended. then stir in 2 tablespoons milk and the melted chocolate. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and beat 2 minutes longer at medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake the layer cakes at 350 degrees for 20–30 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed lightly in center and begins to pull away from edges of pan. Bake the 9" x 13" cake for 25–35 minutes until the cake tests done.