This recipe is from Bon Appetit.
SERVINGS: MAKES 2 DOZEN
- 3 cups gluten-free powdered sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs (or chocolate chips, gluten free)
- Place racks in lower and upper thirds of oven; preheat to 350°. Whisk powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl, then whisk in egg whites and egg; fold in chocolate and cacao nibs. Spoon batter by the tablespoonful onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2” apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets once, until cookies are puffed, cracked, and set just around the edges, 14–16 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool on pan (they’ll firm up).
DO AHEAD: Edit
- Cookies can be baked 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Recipe by Alison Roman
- Photograph by Ditte Isager