Purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Dated 1918.
- 1 cup confectioners' Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Break bread into small pieces. Heat 2 cups milk and soak bread in milk for 1/2 hour.
- Beat 2 eggs and melt chocolate. Add to bread. Mix in Sugar and vanilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Make sauce by mixing confectioners' Sugar with 3 tablespoons butter, salt and vanilla.
- Place in small dish and top with nutmeg. When ready to serve pour sauce over bread pudding.