- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar replacement
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 slice dry bread
- Melt the chocolate chips in 1 cup of the skim milk over medium heat.
- Stir in the remaining milk.
- Set aside.
- Beat eggs until frothy; add salt, sugar replacement and vanilla extract.
- Beat well.
- Stir egg mixture into chocolate/milk mixture.
- Trim crust from bread and cut into slices into small cubes.
- Drop cubes into greased 1½-qt casserole or baking dish.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the bread cubes; be sure to saturate all the cubes.
- Set casserole in pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until pudding is completely set.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 99
- Food exchange: 1 bread exchange + 1 fat exchange